Thank you for your ongoing support and encouragement throughout this unsettling time. I hope you remain healthy and have found unexpected joys in the midst of this crisis.
On Thursday, the Province of Ontario gave retailers the green light to open as early as May 19. We’re eager to get back to the store, but extremely cautious in developing our re-opening plan.
Will My Experience Change?
No—and yes. Our enthusiasm for seeing and serving our customers is completely intact! To date, Kingston has done a great job of flattening the COVID-19 curve and we want to continue to do our part to protect the health of our community.
Here are some highlights of the changes ahead:
• Store hours: From Wednesday to Saturday, Chris James will be open for walk-in traffic between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• Appointments: On those same days, we will accept customer appointments between 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to book your appointment on these days or at another time.
• Health & safety: We will be conducting no-contact temperature checks at the door. We have hand-sanitizing stations, which we ask you to use upon arrival and throughout your stay. For the protection of all, our staff will use face coverings, and we ask that you do the same.
• Social distancing: In accordance with provincial guidelines, we will be limiting the number of customers in the store at any one time.
• Dressing rooms: Provincial guidelines will also limit the number of dressing rooms in operation. They will be thoroughly disinfected between uses.
• Merchandise: As a precaution, any garments that customers try on or return to the store will be removed from the floor for 72 hours.
• Chris James on Shopify: Our online store remains open for purchases and may be helpful for a preview in advance of visiting the store. Curbside pick-up and delivery will continue for online shoppers.
We are finding our way in the new normal and will adapt our procedures as we gain experience and hear your feedback. Once again, thank you for your patience, and I hope to see you soon.
Owner, Chris James Kingston